© St Andrews Church, Church Lane, Utterby, Louth, LN11 OTH
St Andrews Church Utterby Holy Communion 9:30am 4th Sunday of each month Home St Andrews Church Utterby Heritage Family History Events Contact us Heritage Links

The Church

The church building is cherished by the whole community and although congregations may be small it’s heritage and social activities are very well supported by all villagers. We have a great band of volunteers, they continue to provide a Saturday Cafe in the summer Months and working parties have restored the church yard and re- decorated the church. The village well- being has increased proving that its good to get involved. The Anglican parish church is dedicated to Saint Andrew and is the oldest existing building in the village. The church and tower were built about 1340, however, the list of rectors which can be seen in the church begins a century earlier in 1220AD.
“The Church Building is Cherished by the Whole Community”
A few yards from the entrance gate lies the base of a medieval cross which would have served as the focal point for earlier Christian services, possibly going back even earlier than 1220AD. The Lower churchyard offers a place for quiet reflection with benches placed amidst a newly established wild flower meadow. The church seats 140 and we holds a monthly service at 9:30am on the fourth Sunday in the month
St Andrews Church